Game the System™ - The Basics of How and Why to Gamify Your Training Program Presented by Monica Cornetti - www.monicacornetti.com
NOTE: Register by April 13 to reserve a lunch. Credit card users MUST pay in advance. If you are paying at the event, we can only take cash or check.
Wouldn't it be great to know how to introduce a gaming dimension to the corporate training you design or offer? What would it look like to include game elements such as points, levels, challenges, rewards, and leaderboards... to drive participation, engagement, retention and achieve a measurable ROI?
Gamification of real-world training and development is a powerful technique which can motivate people and help generate loyalty to your organization, its products, and its message. At its core, Gamification is about finding the fun in the things that we have to do.
Play along on the Game the System™ game board as this hands-on session takes you through the 5-step process of gamifiying a training program.
In this session you will learn how to:
- Define your measurable business objectives and determine how Gamification will help you to achieve your objectives
- Weave analogies and stories to make the training stickable - so that players remember facts and transfer skills to real world scenarios
- Create the right mix of ingredients and next steps in your learning activities to allow the participants to acquire knowledge and skill
- Identify the game elements (points, badges, leaderboards, etc.) and game mechanics (chance, competition, collaboration, rewards, etc.) you will use
- Construct a consistent, attractive - even charming and captivating - cohesiveness that ties the entire project together
- Answer the question: Is it fun?
Competencies for the Training & Development Profession:
- Instructional Design
- Training Delivery
- Learning Technology
Click here for more about ASTD's Competency Model.
About the Speaker
A gamification keynote speaker and designer, Monica Cornetti is rated the #1 Gamification Guru in the World by UK-Based Leaderboarded. She is the Founder and CEO of Sententia, a global consortium of gamification professionals,that is the ONLY organization to offer Gamification Certificiation for Human Resource and Talent Development specialists that is recognized and approved by HRCI, SHRM, and ATD credits.
Monica's niche is gamification used within the corporate environment. She says, "Making business processes compelling by making them fun is about the most fascinating and coolest thing that I can think of!"
Monica hosts a weekly Gamification Talk Radio program, The Gamification Report blog, and is the author of the book Totally Awesome Training Activity Guide: Put Gamification to Work for You.
Connect with Monica (@monicacornetti) http://www.monicacornetti.com.